We are all becoming much more conscious about the things we put in and on our bodies, as a result the rise of more natural and organic beauty products has boomed. However, sometimes these things come with a higher price tag but fear not there are some cool ways to put together some inexpensive natural skin care remedies with ingredients housed right in your kitchen!
Brightening & Mask Recipe | Tumeric Mask
Sometimes your skin can become a bit dull, after all it does a whole lot protecting you 24/7 and all. Turmeric is good in a curry but it is also a natural skin lightener and can be used to uplift the skin and bring back some of its loss brightness.
A good turmeric face mask recipe is ;
- 2 Tablespoons of Flour or Ground Oats
- 1 Teaspoon of Turmeric
- 3 Tablespoons of Milk or Yoghurt
- A few drops of honey
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl with a non-metal utensil.
- Apply a thin layer to your face.
- Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Rinse your face and voila noticeable brighter skin.
Anti-Bacterial ( Acne) & Mask Recipe
Acne lucky you if you’ve never to had to suffer with breakouts, painful pimples and just overall lack of confidence in your skin. However for those of us that get the occasional break out or pesky pimple there are some amazing natural ingredients that can help you out. Honey and oats are a good combination to combat a break out or even a pesky pimple or two. While Honey is a natural anti-bacterial and will help to combat the inflammation on the skin. Oats often provide a calm effect and while help to calm the redness and irritation once the honey has done its job.
Our DIY acne mask combines these two ingredients to create a great acne mask!
- 2 Tablespoons of Honey
- 2 Tablespoons of Greek Yoghurt
- 1 Small Egg White
- ⅓ Cup of Oats
- ½ Cup of Warm- Hot Water.
Beat small egg white in a bowl.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of honey to beaten egg white, then add 2 Tablespoons of Greek yoghurt.
- Mix ⅓ of Oats with ½ cup of hot water in separate bowl.
- Combine both mixtures together and mix.
- Apply mask to face.
- Wait 15 minutes and rinse.
You can repeat these masks not only to combat your skin care needs but also for a bit relaxation and self care. The fact that they are organic and cost effective are added bonuses.